Hide and Seek

 We hide ourselves in Art

But what we discover in time is that we end up discovering ourselves:

The most genuine version

The one that feels vulnerable when seen.

But what if uncovering you and expressing your stories

You actually connect with more people than you thought?

 

We long for connection and the only way to find it is by being ourselves.

 

In my case, what it was an escape from reality turned into a need,

A call for help from that whisper that needed to speak up,

And by helping myself I turned around and saw the truth in people’s eyes.

So when I portrait them I get all their energy, the intensity they feel.

Seeing with other eyes through flesh and masks, through walls.

It can be too much sometimes,

Like penetrating in secret chambers.

But in the end is enriching for me and for the person I see.

That special connection I feel while creating it won’t go away

Those feelings that person transmitted through their soul will remain

In me, in the portrait, for whoever can see it.

 


 

 

Sunday 16/8/20

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

En punto muerto

Camino a Santiago (1ª parte)

Los colores y su lenguaje